Hye Thyme Cafe: Roasted Corn Hummus

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Roasted Corn Hummus

Roasted Corn Hummus: Hye Thyme Cafe


I think this one is my favorite hummus so far. If you've been reading along, you know I recently tried a Roasted Carrot Hummus and a Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. The one thing I will say is that when I first ate this one, I already had a tin full of falafel-spiced pita chips, but the falafel spice was too strong, so I ended up switching to Wheat Thins, then toasting up a batch of plain pita chips. Before I even ate any, the smell was making my stomach growl.

INGREDIENTS :
2 ears of corn
1 lime
2t chile powder
Olive oil
1/2 t salt
16 oz can chickpeas, drained
1/4 c tahini
1 clove garlic

  1. Shuck the corn, pop off the handle so you can stand it on end, and carefully slice off the kernels. You may have a few strays, but if you have corn flying everywhere, you're not cutting close enough to the cob.
  2. Zest the lime and set the zest aside.
  3. Toss the corn with 2t olive oil, 2t chile powder, and the juice from half the lime, and roast at 375 for 30-40" until the corn starts to lightly caramelize. Let cool for a few minutes.
  4. To your food processor, add the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, salt, lime zest, and the juice from the other half of the lime - add the corn mixture and proccess until smooth, adding olive oil, a little at a time, to achieve the texture you like.
  5. To garnish, use a spoon to create a swirl over the top, drizzle with a little olive oil, and sprinkle with additional chile powder.
  6. Serve with pita chips, crackers, raw or blanched veggies, etc.
Roasted Corn Hummus: Hye Thyme Cafe
Roasted Corn Hummus: Hye Thyme Cafe









Roasted Corn Hummus: Hye Thyme Cafe

Roasted Corn Hummus: Hye Thyme Cafe


Roasted Corn Hummus: Hye Thyme Cafe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...