Hye Thyme Cafe: Peach-BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Peach-BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos

Peach-BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos: Hye Thyme Cafe


Just before Christmas, my office had a pot-luck. There was a sign-up sheet for people to write in what they would be bringing, but nobody really did, so I made a batch of Eetch (Red Tabouli), another dip, bagel chips, pita chips, a tray of Pumpkin Squares with Cream Cheese Frosting, and I was planning to make a batch of Spaghetti Sauce and homemade Meatballs. We don't have an oven at the office, so I figured I could heat the meatballs in a slow cooker. For some reason, I decided against the meatballs and threw together a batch of Peach-BBQ Pulled Pork. Turns out that was the right choice - not only was there a TON of food, despite nobody signing up, but someone brought a pot of meatballs.

Because there was so much food, I ended up coming home with some of the pulled pork. I had a bag of Multigrain Tostitos Scoops, so I decided to use the pulled pork to make nachos. Good call!

INGREDIENTS :
Peach BBQ Pulled Pork
Multigrain Tostitos Scoops
Shredded Cheese
Fresh chopped cilantro
Sour Cream

  1. Line tray with scoops. I like to use a pie plate or other vessel that can go right from oven to table.
  2. Fill scoops with pulled pork, being sure to have a bit of peach in every scoop. Nobody likes a soggy chip, so you'll want to use tongs to let the excess liquid drip away, or drain the whole thing first.
  3. Top with shredded cheese of choice. I used a bit of mozzarella for the fun "string" factor, and some monterey jack/cheddar blend.
  4. Bake at 350 until the pork is heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
  5. Top with a dollop of sour cream and chopped cilantro.

Peach-BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos: Hye Thyme Cafe

Peach-BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos: Hye Thyme Cafe

Peach-BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos: Hye Thyme Cafe

Peach-BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos: Hye Thyme Cafe



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...