Hye Thyme Cafe: A Look Back at Your Favorites and Mine from 2014

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Look Back at Your Favorites and Mine from 2014


I get a kick out of going through stats at the end of the year to see what the most viewed posts were in comparison to what my favorites were for the year. I was pleasantly surprised to see that your top-ten favorites from last year opened and ended with Armenian recipes. That was not the case this year, but one Armenian recipe did sneak into the top five.

Far and away your favorite from this year were my BLT Cups/Spears. A great party twist on a favorite sandwich.


BLT Cups/Spears


The rest of your top-ten were ...

Butternut Squash Cakes
Armenian Almond Cookies










White Cheddar Cheez-It Fried Pickles
Crumb-Topped Cheddar Apple Slab Pie











Melting Greens Soup










Tahini Cookies
Massaged Kale Salad











And last but not least ...

Banana Cornbread

I was curious to see that only one of my top-ten matched your list. My favorites, in no particular order (although I think for me, the Peach BBQ Pulled Pork and Pesto Chicken Burger tied for first place), are ...

Peach BBQ Pulled Pork
Pesto Chicken Burgers











Cranberry-Orange Muffins
Our only match - Fried Pickles











Armenian Wedding Pilaf
Watermelon-Tomato Salad











Quinoa-Kale Tabouli
Chocolate-Pineapple Banana Bread











Orange Five-Spice Roasted Chicken

Carrot Bread with Star Anise











OMG, now I'm second guessing saying that the Pulled Pork and Pesto Burgers were tied for first. That Five-Spice Chicken was soooooooooo good! Hmmm ... sigh ... tough call.  

I can't believe I completely forgot about that Chocolate Pineapple Banana Bread. That's what happens when you have a food blog. You're always trying to make something new so you can blog about it, but then you end up not making something again even though you loved it. That's why you'll never see me blogging as often as some others - I actually like to repeat things, or some days I'll eat something random like just cheese and crackers, or throw a big salad together. Not exactly post-worthy. Dang, I might have to make that banana bread this weekend. It's gonna be stuck in my head now lol. And the Carrot Bread with Star Anise! OK, this is like going grocery shopping when you're hungry ... Chris, it's time to step away from the food pics!!  Later.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...