Hye Thyme Cafe: Can you be Christopher's hero for Christmas??

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Sunday, December 21, 2014

Can you be Christopher's hero for Christmas??



Growing up in Hingham, Massachusetts, one of my schoolmates was Chuck Furtado. I recently learned through our class alumni page that Chuck's 13-year-old son, Christopher, is currently undergoing treatment for the diffuse sclerosing variant of pappilary thyroid carcinoma, a rare form of thyroid cancer making up less than 2% of all pippilary thyroid carcinomas.

An initial surgery lasting 11 hours and involving 4 tumors, 33 lymph nodes, and the removal of 7 nodes will be followed by radiation treatments to begin in February.

In the face of mounting medical costs, and with three children to support, this family would greatly appreciate any assistance you could offer to offset those surgical costs and to fund any further treatments Christopher will require.

I am hoping that at least some of you will be able to squeeze a few dollars out of your holiday budget to help this very handsome young man. That goes for Yankee fans too. ;)

Donations are being handled through gofund me. Christopher's page can be found here.

Thank you so much. Wishing you and yours a wonderful - and healthy - holiday season.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...