Hye Thyme Cafe: Brownies Gone Bananas

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Monday, August 18, 2014

Brownies Gone Bananas

Brownies Gone Bananas: Hye Thyme Cafe


When I made Rocco’s Strawberry Marshmallow Brownie Crisps last week, I only used part of the brownie batter.  I was planning to bake the rest as a small batch of brownies, but then remembered that I recently acquired two packets of Banana Nut Bread mix as part of a Smucker’s prize pack.  I love Banana Bread, but I don’t think I’ve ever made it form a mix – it’s usually the result of having aging bananas in the house, so I make it from scratch.  Anyhow, it made me wonder what would happen if I combined the two.

I was already using my mini-muffin pan for the brownie crisps, so when those came out of the pan, I re-loaded it with a teaspoon of brownie batter, covered that with a teaspoon of the prepared Banana Bread mixture, and topped the whole thing off with another teaspoon of brownie batter.  Turned out great!  I was afraid the Banana Bread mix would end up sinking to the bottom, but it held it’s place in the middle.


Brownies Gone Bananas: Hye Thyme Cafe
Brownies Gone Bananas: Hye Thyme Cafe








Brownies Gone Bananas: Hye Thyme Cafe


Brownies Gone Bananas: Hye Thyme Cafe
Brownies Gone Bananas: Hye Thyme Cafe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...