Hye Thyme Cafe: Watermelon Salad

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Watermelon Salad

Watermelon Salad: Hye Thyme Cafe


I have previously mentioned that one of my favorite summer salads is watermelon with cucumber, mint, lime, and a bit of salt.  If you haven't tried it yet, you're really missing out.  Aside from being super delicious, it's extremely refreshing.

Anyhow, the last time I made a batch, I decided to play around and bit. Just in case I wouldn't like it, I only tried it on some at first, but to boost the flavor up yet another notch, I sprinkled chili powder over the top. Yup, awesome!


Watermelon Salad: Hye Thyme Cafe

Watermelon Salad: Hye Thyme Cafe

Watermelon Salad: Hye Thyme Cafe



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...