Hye Thyme Cafe: Finish the Sentence Friday: "The nicest thing someone ever did for me was..."

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Friday, May 16, 2014

Finish the Sentence Friday: "The nicest thing someone ever did for me was..."



This week's prompt was an easy one for me.  There are many nice things that people have done for me over the course of my life, but the sweetest/cutest is the one that comes immediately to mind.

When I moved away to New Orleans, I decided one year to surprise my sister and her family and fly in to spend Christmas with them.  When I moved away, my nephews were probably 2 and 5, so not seeing me very often, they didn't exactly know me very well - the youngest more so obviously.

When he realized that I would be with them on Christmas morning and that they had shipped all of my presents to New Orleans, he was very upset that I would have nothing to open.  He took it upon himself to go around the house to find anything unused/unopened - a box of pens, a pack of gum, notebook, etc., and wrapped them for me to have presents to open Christmas morning!  How sweet is that?!?  (sniffle, sniffle)

And the oldest, the little bugger!  I snuck in the house and let out a "Ho! Ho! Ho!"  While the rest of the family was startled and trying to figure out who could possibly be in their house, that one comes out with ... "I has to be Aunty Chrissy!"  Smarty pants!

How about you?  Any nice things someone did for you that you'd like to "share with the class?"



*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *

Feel free to share in the comments below, on Facebook or Twitter using hashtag #FTSF, or if you're a blogger, link up with one of the host blogs:

Stephanie ~ http://www.stephaniesprenger.com
Kristi - http://www.findingninee.com/

This week's co-host:
Sarah - http://leftbrainbuddha.com/





17 comments:

  1. Aww, so cute and could truly see my girls doing something like this for my brother (their uncle) that they adore. Got to love the innocence of that age!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorably sweet that the youngest went around the house collecting items for you to unwrap on Christmas morning! love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't even ask his Mom for help! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yup, my sister raised two amazing young men! :)

      Delete
  4. Such fun. It reminds me of my dad's birthday. I must have been 3. I remember pulling a book off the shelf in his office and wrapping it in newspaper. No tape. His book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely adorable! Such a sweet thing to do! Bless his little heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was probably only 7 or 8 at the time. Still a sweetie pie!

      Delete
  6. Such a cute story! I'm sure your nephews still remember that time their Aunt Chrissy came to visit over Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they do ... another reason is that's when they first learning I'm kinda nutty (I'm OK with that lol). I figured since I was shipping presents to them anyhow, I'd skip dealing with schlepping luggage and mailed most of my clothes, etc. right along with the presents, writing "Don't Open Til Christmas" on the outside. After moving here and spending lots of time with them, I learned that they inherited that nutty side from our side of the family, so I'm in good company. :)

      Delete
  7. OMG. That is so cute. Your nephews sound adorable and kind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, what a lovely little boy. That's what's Christmas is all about. So precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, that is SO sweet. I love when kids do sweet things like that - makes me all weepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but it must be annoying for him since I'm always bringing it up. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...