Hye Thyme Cafe: Blueberry Oolong Whipped Cream and Berries

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Blueberry Oolong Whipped Cream and Berries

Blueberry Oolong Whipped Cream and Berries : Hye Thyme Cafe



This is really more of a suggestion than a recipe. It turns out that I bought way more berries and whipping cream than I needed for Easter. We used berries in Sangria, Pavlovas, and on a Coconut Yogurt Pie, but I still ended up coming home with a carton of whipping cream and a bunch of strawberries and blackberries.

Sitting at the kitchen table later, I noticed the container of Blueberry Oolong Iced Tea mix I had picked up at the local Amish store. I'm not a big iced tea drinker, so it wouldn't have even caught my attention had it not been at eye-level at the end of an aisle. Oolong is my favorite tea, and given that it has peach notes, it pairs nicely with blueberry. (Blueberry-Peach is my favorite pie.)

Because the iced tea mix is pre-sweetened, I thought about adding that to whipping cream instead of sugar to go with the leftover berries. It worked out great!

Whip the cream until soft peaks form, then add a tablespoon or so of your add-in and continue whipping until nice and fluffy.

Hye Thyme Cafe: Blueberry Oolong Whipped Cream and Berries

Look in your cabinets to see what else you might use in whipped cream - chocolate milk powder, Kool Aid, Espresso Powder, Pixie Stix, etc. Just makes sure you select something with a flavor that goes well with whatever you intend to use it with. I'm guessing grape Kool Aid whipped cream would be pretty gross on chocolate pudding.  ;)

Blueberry Oolong Whipped Cream and Berries : Hye Thyme Cafe

Blueberry Oolong Whipped Cream and Berries : Hye Thyme Cafe

Blueberry Oolong Whipped Cream and Berries : Hye Thyme Cafe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...