Hye Thyme Cafe: A Look Back at What Caught Your Attention in 2013

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Look Back at What Caught Your Attention in 2013

It occurred to me that I hadn't done a year-end review.  Although I'm not one to fuss over stat counts, I do like to take a peek at the end of the year to see what most interested you folks and how that coincided or conflicted with my favorites.  Let's take a peek ...

I was very happy and completely surprised to see that your favorite was not only an Armenian recipe but totally blew everything else out of the water!!  I guess there are either a lot of lamb fans or a lot of burger fans out there, because that was my Losh Kebab!


Coming in 2nd, still a pretty good gap over the rest, were my Fiery Pickled Cucumbers and Jalapenos... Pickles that Bite Back.  Those were pretty hot even for me!


Next came the Avocado Salad Sandwich.  Hmm, maybe a side of Fiery Pickled Cucumbers and Jalapenos would go nicely with that.  ;)


I found the next one to be an interesting choice since it was an experiment for me as part of a challenge.  I had only eaten lettuce wraps once before at a PF Chang's, but I really did like these Vegan Lentil Lettuce Wraps.


Right on the heels of the lettuce wraps came one of my personal favorites - Chicken Tortilla Soup.  Man, it's so cold out, I could reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly use a bowl of this right now!


Bringing up the rear were:






The last recipe to make your Top 10 was another of my favorites, and also another Armenian/lamb recipe (how's that for symmetry - opened and closed with Armenian/lamb) ...




So, how does that stack up against MY Top 10 for 2013???


I'm showing these in Alphabetical order because it's hard enough to pull 10 "favorites" without having to chose between them.  Not exactly a Sophie's Choice moment, but still!!  ;)



Armenian Burritos
Chili's SW Chicken Egg Rolls

Easy Cheesy Sweet and Spicy Meatloaf

Pan-Fried Meatballs


Zucchini Boule


Can't wait to see what's in store for 2014!  :)


2 comments:

  1. Avocado salad sandwich looks so good! Today for breakfast I ate an avocado that needed to be eaten and I enjoyed it so much. The rest of family looked at me like .... What are you having for breakfast, ewww! I loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen people actually cook an egg inside an avocado half, but I'm not a huge egg fan, so although it looks cool, I haven't tried it. I'm a HUGE guacamole fan though, so that's where most of my avocados go. I tried this sandwich just for chuckles but really liked it! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...