Hye Thyme Cafe: Buffalo Chicken Nachos

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Nachos

Buffalo Chicken Nachos : Hye Thyme Cafe


I love buffalo chicken! I thought that I had seen a recipe for these when scrolling through my Feedly posts yesterday, but now I can't find it, and I don't recall whose post it was. Although I hadn't read it to see what they had used, I was going to throw a "thanks for the idea" to them by mentioning their post. Maybe I really saw it on Pinterest? Anyhow, since I had some cooked chicken in the fridge, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try a batch of my own.

I decided to bake these in a pie plate with the thought in mind that if you bake them on a tray, you end up transferring them to a platter or plates and usually end up making a mess, but if you bake them in a pie plate, you can put them on the table as is. That way, you don't end up with trails of melted cheese across your kitchen, and you don't have an extra platter to clean.

Personally, I like to use scoops for things like this, rather than flat chips. Aside from being easy to fill, they're less messy to eat. If you take a bite out of a big chip, you risk the rest of your goodies falling off, but a scoop is the perfect size to just pop right in your mouth. You can certainly use whatever chips you like, or even the regular corn scoops. I happen to really like the multi-grain scoops, so that's what I went with.


INGREDIENTS :
3 c diced or torn cooked chicken
1/2 c Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
1 T butter
Tostito's Multi-Grain Scoops
2 stalks celery, sliced thin
1/2 c finely shredded Colby/Jack cheese blend
1/2 c finely shredded romaine lettuce
2-3 T chopped fresh cilantro
Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing

  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Over medium heat, stir together the chicken, buffalo sauce, and butter until the butter has melted and the chicken is well coated and heated through
  3. Arrange scoops in pie plate and fill with chicken mixture
  4. Top with about 1/3 of your celery slices
  5. Top with the shredded cheese
  6. Bake 5-8" until the cheese is melted and bubbly
  7. Let cool for a minute or two, then sprinkle with the shredded lettuce, remaining celery, and cilantro
  8. Drizzle with ranch dressing


Add chicken, buffalo sauce, and butter to pot
Cook at med until melted and heated through
Arrange chips on pie plate
Load chips up with chicken mixture

Top with shredded colby/jackTop with about 1/3 of the celery


Top with remaining celery, lettuce, cilantro and a drizzle of ranchBake at 350 until melted and bubbly


Buffalo Chicken Nachos : Hye Thyme Cafe

Buffalo Chicken Nachos : Hye Thyme Cafe

Buffalo Chicken Nachos : Hye Thyme Cafe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...