Hye Thyme Cafe: Chocolate Banana Bread

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Thursday, September 12, 2013

Chocolate Banana Bread

Chocolate Banana Bread : Hye Thyme Cafe


I was having company over and was thinking it would be nice to have something available to nibble on with coffee in the morning, so looking around, I saw that I had a few bananas on their way out and first thought about Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins. Then I thought about the awesome Chocolate Farina Bread I recently made and knew I still had a few packets of Instant Chocolate Cream of Wheat, so I decided to try a Chocolate Banana Bread. Turned out to be a great choice! I'm loving playing around with the Cream of Wheat.  😊


INGREDIENTS :
1/2 c butter
1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 T Kahlua
2 packets Instant Chocolate Cream of Wheat
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 t salt
2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
2 large very ripe bananas
Cooking spray

  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
  3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated
  4. Add the Kahlua
  5. Beat in the Cream of Wheat
  6. Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, then add to the butter mixture, a little at a time, scraping down the bowl once or twice
  7. Mash the bananas and stir in last
  8. Spray loaf pan with Cooking spray and fill with batter
  9. Bake for about 1' until tests done
  10. Cool completely before removing from pan

Chocolate Banana Bread : Hye Thyme Cafe
Chocolate Banana Bread : Hye Thyme Cafe

Chocolate Banana Bread : Hye Thyme Cafe
Chocolate Banana Bread : Hye Thyme Cafe








Chocolate Banana Bread : Hye Thyme Cafe

4 comments:

  1. Huh. That is the craziest banana bread recipe I've ever seen. Of course I'll try it. Only one questions. Where in the store do I buy Kahlua?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That depends on what state you live in. If you're not familiar, Kahlua is a coffee liqueur. You could definitely skip that and use a little vanilla, or even coffee instead. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sadly, with so much going on with a family wedding, etc., we didn't get to enjoy much of it - forgot about it sitting out - didn't end well. :(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...