To be honest, I don't have much of a bucket list. There are pretty much only a handful of things that I would really like to do that I haven't yet.
- Travel to Armenia to see where my family originated
- Learn to speak Armenian
- Find my Prince Charming
- Adopt or foster at least one child (I would love to have one of my own, but my eggs are quickly approaching their expiration date)
- Drive across the country, spending time in each state along the way
- Buy a little house on the beach on Cape Cod
- Take a ride in a hot air balloon
There are other things that I would love to try, but it's not worth the pain and aggravation since I know full well that any/all of them would land me in the hospital for additional knee surgery. You're talking about a person who had knee surgery at 16, another at 17, managed to blow out a knee just boarding an airplane, and tore an Achilles walking through the grocery store. It's a wonder I can make it to my car in one piece on any given day!
- Zip line through a jungle / rain forest (but only if there were no bugs)
- Water ski (I once blew out a knee just getting out of the boat from driving everyone else around all day so they could ski!)
- I have no desire to bungee jump, but I would love to try parasailing, hang gliding, and/or sky diving. Hmmm, maybe I could manage parasailing without breaking anything??
- Rollerblade - I used to love ice skating as a kid, but I could never manage to roller skate without ending up in a split somehow. When rollerblades appeared on the scene, it occurred to me that I might have better luck with those since the inline skates are more like the blade on ice skates, but by then, my knees had grown to hate me, so I never did try them.
I'm sure as soon as I post this, a bazillion things will come to mind. Maybe I should actually put pen to paper and start a "real" list. That would probably increase the odds of my actually completing a few of them.
* * * * * * * * *
Feel free to share in the comments below, on Facebook or Twitter using hashtag #FTSF, or if you're a blogger, link up with one of the host blogs:
Janine ~ http://www.janinehuldie.com
Stephanie ~ http://www.stephaniesprenger.com