Hye Thyme Cafe: Parmesan-Chipotle Crusted Pork Cutlets

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Sunday, June 23, 2013

Parmesan-Chipotle Crusted Pork Cutlets

Served with buttered/herbed egg noodles and seasoned corn

I don't usually buy thin-cut pork chops, but I couldn't pass up a great deal when I saw it. I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest; they're in the freezer for now. Maybe I'll make egg rolls or pork fried rice.

It didn't occur to me until I sat down to eat that this probably wasn't the best combination - a starchy veg with a pasta and breaded pork. I really should have made something green to go with it but hey, carbs be damned! It worked for me.  ;)

I only made two cutlets, so be sure to increase the ingredients proportionally for additional diners.


INGREDIENTS :
2 thin-cut pork chops
1/3 c grated Parmesan
1/3 c chipotle seasoned panko crumbs
2 T Hellmann's mayonnaise
1 T Dijon mustard




In a small bowl, stir together the mustard and mayonnaise. If you happen to have Dijonaise, you can obviously skip that step.

In another bowl or plate toss together the panko crumbs and Parmesan.

Trim the fat from your chops and pound with a meat mallet to 1/4" thickness.


Parmesan-Chipotle Crusted Pork Cutlets : Hye Thyme Cafe


Spread the mayo/dijon mixture on both sides of the chops, then coat with the crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.

Transfer the chops to a tray fitted with a rack so the air can circulate and they will crisp on both sides.


Parmesan-Chipotle Crusted Pork Cutlets : Hye Thyme Cafe


Bake at 350 for 30" until cooked through and golden. I don't typically make cutlets, so I was very pleased that these turned out perfectly juicy and tender. Not sure if you can see that in the pic, but I was concerned they might dry out. No worries! If you click on the picture, it will blow up and you can see how juicy they are.



Parmesan-Chipotle Crusted Pork Cutlets : Hye Thyme Cafe
Parmesan-Chipotle Crusted Pork Cutlets : Hye Thyme Cafe




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...