Hye Thyme Cafe: Finish the Sentence Friday: My favorite movie of all time is ...

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Friday, May 31, 2013

Finish the Sentence Friday: My favorite movie of all time is ...

Source: IMBd


"My favorite movie of all time is ... "

This may not be my "favorite movie of all time," that's a tough call, but whenever someone asks me that question, this is the movie that immediately comes to mind.  Aside from having a great cast: Kevin Spacey, Gabriel Byrne, Benicio Del Toro, Kevin Pollak, Chazz Palminteri, Pete Postlethwaite, Stephen Baldwin, Dan Hedaya, and Giancarlo Esposito, it was a great script.  Best of all, it had a big GOTCHA at the end.  I love that in a movie!!  If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it.


Favorite Quotes (source: IMBd):
Dave Kujan: You know a dealer named Ruby Deamer, Verbal?
Verbal: You know a religious guy named John Paul?
 
Jeff Rabin: I'm telling you this guy is protected from up on high by the Prince of Darkness. 
Dave Kujan: Do you believe in him, Verbal?
Verbal: Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.
 
McManus: Old McDonald had a farm ee i ee i o. And on that farm he shot some guys. Badda boom badda bing bang boom. 
Verbal: How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss? 
Verbal: Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

Other favorite movies include (in no particular order):

  • The Joy Luck Club
  • Inception 
  • Amadeus
  • A Walk in the Clouds
  • Dead Again
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Saw 
  • Identity
  • Forrest Gump
  • Chaplin
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • Bonnie and Clyde

Feel free to share in the comments below, on Facebook or Twitter using hashtag #FTSF, or if you're a blogger, link up with one of the host blogs:


Next week's sentence will be:  "I hit a turning point in my life when I ... "





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...