I have been nominated for another Liebster Blog award, this time by the lovely Stephanie over at Life, Unexpectedly. If you have been following me here for a while now, you know I nearly drove myself crazy the first time, in trying to find the actual origin of the award, because the requirements seem to keep morphing from one thing to another. In an effort to maintain what little sanity I still possess, I'm going to suppress the impulse to try again, go with the flow, and skip to the fun stuff.
In this version, the rules are simple ...
- Answer 11 questions posed by the blogger bestowing the honor - in my case, Stephanie
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Pass the award along to 11 additional fellow bloggers
- Pose a set of 11 questions to those bloggers
Stephanie's 11 Questions to Me:
- What's your favorite fruit? Watermelon
- Do you get your "5 a day" on a regular basis? Usually
- Sweet or savory? 50/50
- Do you have a lucky number? Yes - 7 or 32
- What do you order at Starbucks? Trick Question - I'm a Dunkin Junkie!
- Share your comfort food? LOL - will I share, or what is it? Baked Mac n' Cheese
- Have you filed for your taxes already? Just under the wire - I'm usually pretty early
- What was the last thing you bought (except groceries)? A flash drive - exciting, huh
- What is your favorite animal, and why? Dogs - they're such good company - and funny
- What is a color you would never wear? N/A, although I would stay away from neon
- Are you happy with your name? Nope! Chrissy sounds childish, Christine sounds prissy, and if I write Chris, most people assume I'm a guy.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I collect key chains - of Games, Tupperware, Tools, etc.
- I collect antique/vintage hair combs, although I don't really wear them anymore.
- I hate to fly - would rather drive most places, partly because you can pack whatever you want, but mostly because flying is a pain in the butt.
- I miss LOST ... especially Sawyer!
- If I could live in water, I probably would - doesn't matter if it's the ocean, a pool, or a bathtub, I love to be in water.
- I have a dark patch of skin/birthmark that is apparently very common in Armenians, but mine is by my jaw bone, so if I don't have a tan or am not wearing foundation, every once in a while, someone tries to wipe it off for me.
- As a kid, I would get mad when people would say I had black hair - not that I have a problem with black hair, but mine was clearly brown (with a fair amount of auburn). Now I'd settle for anything that didn't come out of a bottle! ;)
- I am ridiculously ticklish! Can't even begin to imagine getting a pedicure!!
- For as much cooking, baking, and eating as I do, I'm a big wuss when it comes to food. I cried in a restaurant at lunch once with someone at the table eating rabbit because you could clearly see that it was a rabbit!
- I am a lefty ... but no, I do not write upside down!
- I am stuck on a level of Mahjong: The Secret Garden on Facebook that I just can't get through in time, and it's making me CRAZY!!! I must have done it 300 times. There are "helps" you can use, but I'm determined to do it without.
The Bloggers to Whom I am Passing the Liebster: Please check them out when you get a chance. I selected them all for different reasons, but I think they're pretty great in their own way. Some of them probably don't even realize I follow them. :)
- Joy at I can Say Mamma
- Kerri at Undiagnosed, but okay with that
- Kenya at Here's the thing ...
- Joan at The Chicken Mama
- Melissa at Being a Bear
- Aimee at The Apron Archives
- Toby at Plate Fodder
- Jess at Inquiring Chef
- Megan at Delicious Dishings
- Paula at A Simple Home Cook
- Rachel at Rambling Amazon
My 11 Questions for Those Bloggers to Answer:
- Do you have any food allergies? If yes, to what?
- Who has been the most influential person in your life, and how?
- Have you ever had a supernatural experience of some sort? If yes, explain.
- What first inspired you to start your blog?
- What is your favorite time of day, and why?
- What is your favorite holiday, and why?
- Have you ever researched your genealogy? If so, find anything interesting?
- Can you connect yourself to Kevin Bacon by 6 Degrees of Separation?? :)
- What is your favorite movie, and why?
- What is your earliest memory?
- Who is your favorite author, and why?
A big THANK YOU to Stephanie. It's always nice to be noticed and appreciated for what you do ... even if it is just making a mess in the kitchen. ;)