Hye Thyme Cafe: Creamy Cheesy Baked Penne

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Saturday, April 6, 2013

Creamy Cheesy Baked Penne

Creamy Cheesy Baked Penne : Hye Thyme Cafe

It occurred to me that I had made a big pot of Spaghetti Sauce a while back and froze it in batches but hadn't been using it, so I decided to make a pasta dish last night that I haven't had in quite a while. It doesn't call for a lot of sauce but I wasn't in the mood for plain spaghetti. (And by the way, I'm still here, so thankfully I didn't give myself food poisoning eating that pizza the other day when the power went out and it sat around for so long before being finished.)

INGREDIENTS :
8-10 oz penne
2 lg eggs
15 oz ricotta
1 c shredded mozzarella
1/3 c grated parmesan
1/2 t black pepper
1/4 t garlic powder
1 c fresh chopped parsley
1 1/2 c spaghetti sauce
2 T seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 T butter

  1. Cook the penne in salted water to al dente, drain and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, lightly whip the eggs, then stir in the ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley.
  3. Line a baking dish with just enough sauce to cover the bottom - I used a 9.5" deep pie plate.
  4. Fold the pasta into the cheese mixture, then stir in the rest of the sauce.
  5. Pour into baking dish and top with about 2T of seasoned bread crumbs, dotting with slivers of butter here and there.
  6. Bake at 350 for 30" or until golden and bubbly.

Eggs, cheeses, and seasonings mixed.
Fold in pasta, then stir in sauce.

Pour into baking dish lined with spaghetti sauce.
Top with bread crumbs and dot with butter.

Bake at 350 for 30" until golden and bubbly.


Do not cut immediately or the cheese will pour out.


6 comments:

  1. Sounds really fantastic ! I need to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy, Speedy Gonzales! You must REALLY love pasta - I just barely hit the "publish" button on this one. ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm just about to throw together a salad and re-heat some. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for helping me diversify my meal plan. I'm nominating your for the Liebster. Come and retrieve it on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie. I received a Liebster a while back and drove myself crazy trying to find the origin. Never did find it. I'll definitely stop by and scoop it up. Thanks again! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...