Hye Thyme Cafe: I Love Unexpected Presents!!

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Saturday, November 10, 2012

I Love Unexpected Presents!!


I just love unexpected presents!  I'm like a little kid on Christmas morning!  I was chatting online with my sister yesterday, making plans to go out for breakfast today and do a little shopping, when she mentioned that a package had arrived at her house for me.  I couldn't imagine what it was.  When she said something about coffee, I was even more stumped.  Then I remembered that I had participated in a Bzz Campaign last year during Fair Trade Month for Green Mountain Coffee and thought that they had maybe sent me some samples.  Then she said it was a BIG box.  Hmmmmmm, that doesn't sound like samples to me?????

Having moved recently, I wondered if someone had sent me an apartment-warming gift, but dismissed that, because they would have sent it to my new address.  The curiosity was killing me.

When she picked me up earlier, I couldn't wait.  I was going to bring the box in when we got home and open it then, but when I read Coffee.Org on the box and saw it was specifically sent to me at Hye Thyme Cafe, I couldn't resist.  As soon as we pulled up at the restaurant, I jumped out of the car, whipped out my pocket box cutter and opened that puppy up!

Oh my!  I saw a gift basket full of coffee and other goodies, and a coffee cake as well.  I often hear other blogging friends mention finding unexpected packages on their doorstep and wondered how that happened.  I assumed it was from attending blogger conferences and that sort of thing and making the rounds with various vendors, so now I'm even more stumped.  I have no idea how I got on the radar of Emmie & Ellie's, but I'm sure glad I did!   J

As soon as I got home, I opened the box to see what other goodies I had received ...

  • 2 bags of Columbian Blend Coffee Beans
  • Miss Ellie's Coffee Mug
  • Nonni's Biscotti 
  • Grandma's Oatmeal Raisin Cookie
  • Creamy Dark Chocolate Filled Wafer Cookie
  • Proctor Silex Coffee Grinder
  • Flavored Stirrer Spoon
  • Coffee Scoop
  • 8" Miss Ellie's Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake
  • Mints
  • Creamer
  • Scarecrow
  • Basket

The great thing about the coffee grinder is that it has a retractable cord. I wish everything did!  This works out perfectly.  I already have a coffee grinder, so now I have one designated just for seeds and spices!

When I saw the coffee cake, I thought for sure I would be disappointed. My absolute favorite is My Grandma's of New England.  I try to pick one up whenever I'm in Massachusetts visiting.  This one is sooooooooooo close, I was shocked.  Hmmm, I wonder if that Grandma is Miss Ellie's Grandma and that's where she got the recipe?    J

I was so excited, I had to break out my Mardi Gras plates.  I know it's not Mardi Gras season, but I felt like a mini-celebration was in order.















Yummmmmmmm

Even the basket is the perfect size.  I'm debating whether to use it in the bathroom filled with rolled hand towels or whether to use it to stack my dish towels in the kitchen so they don't tip over.

Thank you soooo much for the goodies ladies, and to everyone else, check out the note below. Be sure to follow Emmie & Ellie's on Facebook to see what fun contests and giveaways pop up.  You can follow them on Twitter too. 



 





15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know, huh?! I usually get BAD surprises ... like dental work or car repairs, so this was extra nice for a change. :)

      Delete
  2. How cool! I'm jealous. By the way, I love the story about your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you. I miss my Grammy!! :(

      Delete
  3. Nice~! I'm ready for some good surprises, too. Are you making anything special with the coffee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, potpourri! I'm a Dunkin Junkie who has no coffee maker at the moment, so I'm strictly drive-thru. I'll use some for aromatherapy until I get a coffee maker and keep the rest in the freezer until then. ;)

      Delete
  4. Lucky you . . . And Thanksgiving and Christmas are still in the offing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! Lucky! I wish I got surprise gifts from coffee.org! I have never gone to a blog conference... who knew that it would result in surprise give-aways!!
    Thanks for the visit! TALU fabu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I meant ... I haven't attended any conferences and had never received any random packages, so I assumed that's how other bloggers I knew were receiving things. I still think that's at least part of it, but in this case, I have no idea how/why I was chosen. Just happy I was. :)

      Delete
  6. BTW - new follower! Love for a return follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Chris, how wonderful. That's the universe saying, "you're nice, I like you, here have a prezzy." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, shucks ... now if Kitchenaid would somehow mysteriously add me to their stand mixer mailing list, I'd be golden. ;)

      Delete
  8. How fun! Unexpected gifts and packages are the best--always make my day :) Glad to be visiting again through TALU.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...