Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)
Friday, November 30, 2012
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
1 lb elbow macaroni (medium)
4 T butter
4 T flour
2 1/2 c milk
4 slices American cheese
+/- 1 lb Muenster cheese
8 oz Pepper Jack cheese
Minced jalapeno (optional)
Dry seasoned bread crumbs
Paprika (smoked is nice)
|Cube or shred the cheese|
|Whisk over medium ...|
|Add the milk until hot|
|... to create a blonde roux|
|Continue with remaining cheese|
|Add the cheese, American first|
|Season with black pepper|
|Allow to bubble and thicken|
|Drain and toss with butter/parm|
|Stir in half the sauce|
|Use any extra on veggies|
|Continue just to the top|
|Fill your buttered tray and add toppings|
|Bake until bubbly...|
|... and golden|
|Yes please! :)|
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Choose five blogs with fewer than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.
- Post the award on your blog.
- List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites, leaving a comment on their blog so they know about the award.
- Share 11 (?) random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
It was tough choosing which blogs to pass the award along to. I follow a bazillion different blogs, mostly other foodies, but not all. Many of you/them are linked to one of my Pinterest Boards. The problem is that not all blogs give an indication of how many followers they have - since Google shut down Friends Connect in favor of G+, you can't even go by blogs that have their members posted. Then there is the matter of wanting to pass it along to bloggers who have not already received it. Hopefully those of you I have nominated fall into those categories - fewer than 200 followers and haven't already received a Liebster. If not, close enough!! Here are my picks. Be sure to check them out...
Joan atThe Baloney Bug - I forget how I first stumbled on her blog, but I quickly fell in love ... with her dog Brady, and it never fails to crack me up that she and her husband (and Brady for that matter) look like they belong in a catalog. They are currently expecting their first two-legged child.
- I am half Armenian - my other half is Irish / French Canadian
- I was born in Quincy, Massachusetts
- I grew up in Hingham, MA - Home of Talbots
- I once got hit by a car while walking to my office, landed on their hood while managing not to spill my Dunkin Donuts coffee. Nice save!
- My "brush with fame" entailed eating breakfast at IHOP with Anthony Michael Hall
- I was in 26 plays as a kid (not professional - school, community, etc.)
- The day I was seated on the jury for a burglary case, I went home to find that my apartment and been burgled. How's that for irony?!?
- My favorite play is Evita -- the movie was just OK, although I pegged Madonna for the part as soon as I knew it was going to be made into a movie.
- I had to evacuate from New Orleans because of Hurricane Katrina - went to Galveston, TX and had to evacuated from there because of Hurricane Rita - went to Florida and on the way back to New Orleans, stopped for lunch and had to wait out a tornado!!!
- I love poking in antique and/or thrift shops. I get a kick out of the memories they bring of my grandparents' house or trying to figure out what some of the kitchen gadgets/farming equipment/implements of torture and destruction (?) were really for. I also collect vintage hair combs, so I always keep an eye out for those.
- I still swear I saw Santa Claus flying by one night when I was a kid. My Dad had brought us to a Christmas party at the local AmVets, and as far as I was supposed to know, Santa was inside at the party. Nu uhhhh!! I even saw Rudolph. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Thanks again to Tango, and make sure you check out those other blogs ... or I'll have Santa put you on his Naughty List!!!!!!
Saturday, November 24, 2012
Thursday, November 15, 2012
3 T poppy seeds
2 t baking powder
1 t salt
|!! YUMMMMMM !!|