Hye Thyme Cafe: Two Ingredient Super Simple Slaw

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Thursday, June 7, 2012

Two Ingredient Super Simple Slaw



If you're anything like me, most deli slaw and potato salads just don't cut it. When someone brought up potato salad and slaw today, I decided to run with that and bake some BBQ chicken for dinner. When thinking about the slaw, I was reminded of one of my cousins who introduced me to bagged slaw mix. I had never even noticed that before having it at her house one day. Rather than a traditional coleslaw dressing, she used the bagged slaw with a Vidalia Onion Poppy Seed dressing. It was awesome! Sadly, that was in New Orleans, and we apparently don't have that particular dressing here in New York - at least not that I've come across so far.

In any event, having recently had broccoli slaw for the first time and deciding I prefer it to most cabbage slaws, I grabbed two bags of that and a jar of Poppy Seed Dressing. Ironically, they did have Vidalia Onion Dressing, just not the combo or brand I was looking for.

Just pour the slaw mix into a bowl and toss with enough dressing to coat. That's it!

The broccoli slaw is also really good with other dressing options. Maybe toss in some nuts and dried cranberries, etc. Just play around and see what you like. Of course it depends on what you're serving it with.




INGREDIENTS:
Broccoli Slaw Mix
Poppy Seed Dressing






2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. VERY convenient, and much better tasting than most of the stuff at the grocery store deli.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...