Hye Thyme Cafe: Tide Coldwater - Take A Load Off Sweepstakes

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tide Coldwater - Take A Load Off Sweepstakes



I've been busy and not staying on top of my blog, e-mail, or much of anything else lately.  I received an e-mail about this promotion from She Speaks, and although I may be too late for Earth Day, it's never too late to save some energy, or cash for that matter.  Plus, this Sweepstakes is open through May 13, so it's not too late to possibly win a new High Efficiency Washer and Dryer!

The premise was that we should all "take a load off" the energy grid on Earth Day by washing our clothes in cold water.  I may not have done that, but I didn't do laundry at all that day, so that counts ... right?  ;)

Tide and Future Friendly have launched a sweepstakes to encourage people to continually wash in cold water.  I had no idea, but apparently, heating water for laundry accounts for up to 80% of the energy used per load.  Talk about an easy way to save!  I may not wash ALL of my laundry in cold water, but I can certainly do it a lot more. 

"Did you know that when doing laundry, heating water can account for up to 80 percent of the energy used per wash load in the U.S.? If one household switched to washing in cold for one year, they would save enough energy to watch TV for 1,363 hours! Making the switch to washing in cold is an easy change to make with Tide Coldwater, which is specially formulated to get clothes clean in cold water."

If you make the promise to switch to cold water washing on the  Future Friendly Facebook page, you'll be entered in the sweepstakes for a chance to win a High Efficiency Washer and Dryer, as well as a one-year supply of Tide Coldwater.  You can enter once per day, and a new winner will be picked each week through May 13.  You can check out P&G's press release about the campaign here.

Do any of you already do all of your laundry in cold water?  If so, how long have you been doing it, and what prompted the change?

Did any of you participate in Earth Day in other ways?  If so, I'd love to hear about it.




Take A Load Off Sweepstakes info:
Dates: Now through May 13th
Direct link to sweepstakes entry: http://on.fb.me/Hflgt5
Entry info: Enter once per day to increase your chances of winning. A new winner will be picked each week through May 13th.
Prize: Maytag® Bravos XL® HE Top Load Washer and Dryer and a one year supply of Tide Coldwater!

Twitter hashtag #takealoadoff 

2 comments:

  1. Yes I use cold water!!! YAY I also unplug everything that's not used everyday. My personal best on my power bill is $42.00!!!! SWEET!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job. I think my worst offender was when I was living in New Orleans - couldn't survive without the AC cranked. I do NOT do well in the heat/humidity!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...