Hye Thyme Cafe: Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream

 





A while back, I was selected to participate in a campaign through BzzAgent to sample Garnier's new Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream.   Of course the day I received the product, I was leaving town for two weeks, but that was OK, I brought it with me.  Ironically, it wasn't until that day that I started hearing the commercial everywhere I went.  I can still hear that voice in my head - a girl shouting B.B.!!  Do you know the one I'm talking about?  Have you tried it out for yourself yet?  I also received with the sample some coupons to share, so I brought those with me as well.


Their claim:
One Application, Five Results:
  1. Renews radiance
  2. Brightens your complexion
  3. Evens skin tone and blurs imperfections
  4. Hydrates for 24 hours
  5. Protects against UVA & UVB rays with SPF 15

Because the product touts coverage, protection, and correction, I was expecting to see some sort of a change in my skin.  That being said, I decided to be daring and wear it on only one side of my face.  Lucky for me, the tint (I received the light/medium) was a great match for my skin tone, so blending was not an issue.  

Sadly, I have to admit that after using the product for about a month, I did not any change at all.  What I did not like about the product is what I dislike about any skin product - that feeling of wanting to wipe my face all the time.  No matter how well I blend in any type of liquid/cream/mousse foundation, I always feel like I'm wearing a mask, especially if the weather is at all humid.  That's why I tend to stick with a light powder, or skip foundation altogether.  I actually found it to be so sheer that it did not cover any imperfections - freckles, birthmark, sun damage, etc.

What I did like about the product that was it gave my skin a sort of dewy, more youthful appearance while wearing it.  I can't quite explain this, as I don't mean to imply "shiny," which would make you want to run to the ladies room and apply powder.  I just mean that it gave me a slight radiance.  Hey, that's it; you know how people refer to some pregnant women as having a glow?  It made me glow ... at least on the left side of my face.  Nobody seemed to notice that either - or at least they didn't mention it. 

The final verdict?  If you're looking for a lighter, summer foundation and don't have any particular issues you're looking to hide, then by all means, go for it!  It will provide your skin with hydration and SPF coverage, along with a slight sun-kissed glow.  If, however, you have any skin imperfections you typically try to hide with a product, I would not recommend this particular item for you.

If you decided to try it, I'd definitely love for you to stop back by and share your results.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...