Hye Thyme Cafe: Ocean Spray® Fruit Flavored Snacks

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ocean Spray® Fruit Flavored Snacks






I have been out of town for the past two weeks, so I got waaaaaaay behind on blogging, not to mention my e-mails, etc.  I was just scrolling through some of what I missed and realized that a new Ocean Spray product has hit the markets - fruit snacks.

Armenians have been making fruit leather for a bazillion years, and some of you know I made one miserably failed attempt at making my grandmother's version last year, but I haven't gotten around to trying it again yet.  Partially because there is a plethora of options at the grocery store.  If I had my own fruit trees, I would probably be more inclined to make my own, but until now, I had been partial to Welch's.  As much as I love their fruit snacks, I'm definitely an Ocean Spray drinker (I wish they still made their Mauna Loa juice and juice concentrates), so these have been added to my new shopping list.



I'll let you know what I think when I try them.  In the meantime, here's the info I came home to ...




Want a snack your kids will love and that you can feel good about? Check out NEW Ocean Spray® Fruit Flavored Snacks available in two delicious flavors, Berries & Cherries and Assorted Fruit!

With 80 calories per pouch, Ocean Spray Fruit Flavored Snacks contain 100% Daily Value of Vitamin C and are gluten free. Plus, they're made with real fruit juice with natural colors and flavors* so you can feel good about sharing with your family.

These treats also feature two Box Tops for Education® to make it even easier to support your local schools.

Share the news with your friends and look for Ocean Spray Fruit Flavored Snacks in your local supermarket. Visit OceanSpray.com for more information!
These Fruit Flavored Snacks are made with apple, pear, and cranberry juice concentrate. See package for a list of complete ingredients. They are not intended to replace fruit in the diet.
*colors from natural sources



How about you guys, has anyone tried these yet?  Do you make your own?  If so, what flavors?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...