Hye Thyme Cafe: EggNog Kadayif

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Friday, December 30, 2011

EggNog Kadayif

EggNog Kadayif : Hye Thyme Cafe

What I have pictured above and below is the plain cream-filled version of Kadayif, but every time the holidays roll around, I feel the need to try and incorporate EggNog into something. Last year, I made White Chocolate EggNog Cordial Cups and an EggNog Coffee Cake (that I apparently forgot to blog). Before that, I made a Nutmeg Cake with EggNog Sauce (translation - failed icing).  Before that, it was EggNog Cookies. I don't know why it never occurred to me before to make EggNog Kadayif?!?

All I did was replace the heavy cream in the original version with EggNog, and added a tablespoon of brandy and teaspoon of EggNog flavoring in place of the vanilla. Because you use light cream and milk in addition to the heavy cream (in this case egg nog), I didn't want the flavor to be too watered down. That's why I included the flavoring. Add a sprinkle of nutmeg when serving, and you have a delicious holiday treat!


I didn't bother with new pictures since it would have looked the same anyhow.


EggNog Kadayif : Hye Thyme Cafe

4 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! Why have I not done this before?! You can be sure I'll make this next Christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I said. It seems so obvious, right?!?! Duh!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fabulous! I am all about the eggnog this year..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cathy. I'm thinking maybe fudge next time???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...