Hye Thyme Cafe: The Betty 10 - Red Hot Summer Trends

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Betty 10 - Red Hot Summer Trends



The folks over at Betty Crocker, through MyBlogSpark, wanted to bring our attention to some cool summer trends.  They're also featuring tips by DIY guru Erica Domesek from P.S.- I made this.

After checking out the Betty 10, I think the first thing I'm gonna have to try are the Fresh Sriracha Refrigerator Pickles.  I've been putting Sriracha on everything lately!  Then again, I'm extremely curious about the Grillside Guacamole.  I've never heard of grilled guacamole before!  
As for Erica's tips, I really like the idea of the mini pie plate candle favors, and the one about making grill-marked placemats for a cookout.  :)



Check out the links and let me know your favorites ... or share an idea of your own.

  

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, those lemon ginger icebox cookie cupcakes look so good, and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me think of the Doberge Cupcakes I made recently. http://hyethymecafe.blogspot.com/2011/04/doberge-inspired-cupcakes-nod-to-new.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...