Hye Thyme Cafe: Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Friday, April 8, 2011

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award






Once again, I have been bestowed the honor of being awarded the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award.  

I first received this award from Cathy at The Dutch Baker's Daughter, with instructions to link the award back to her site, copy and paste the award onto my page, post seven facts about myself, and pass the award on to 15 other sister bloggers.

This time, I was bestowed the award by a new blogging friend, Jessica, at Cajunlicious.  I noticed that Jessica's award included no such prerequisites for acceptance, so I decided to do a little investigating.

I followed the breadcrumb trail from Jessica's blog post to the blog she received the award from and so on, until reaching the original source - Sandra from Sandra's Easy Cooking.   Lucky for me, this did not take an inordinate amount of time, since Sandra just created the award back in January of this year.

Although Sandra did not impose any requirements on her recipients, she did pass the award on to a number of bloggers.  If you would like to check out those blogs, please see Sandra's original post.

All that being said, as I noted when I originally received the award from Cathy, because we have so many of the same blogs in common, it was difficult for me to come up with 15 additional "sister bloggers" to pass the honor to, being somewhat new to the blogosphere myself.   Given that my first award was so recent, and I am not yet familiar enough with additional blogs to be able to choose whom to pass this award to, I would instead like to bring the focus back to its creator and pass the award to Sandra herself, in thanks.

In following that trail of breadcrumbs and noting how may bloggers did not respond to their award at all, or neglected to "pay it forward," I am left with the impression that for some, these awards amount to the blogging equivalent of chain mail, something they don't want to be bothered with.  I, on the other hand, appreciate the acknowledgment of my efforts and the opportunity it gives my blog to be noticed by those who might not otherwise have found my little corner of the web.  I also appreciate it as a vehicle for introducing me to other blogs that I might not have otherwise encountered.

Sooooooo, I'd like to give a big "Thanks" to Cathy, to Jessica, and to Sandra, and suggest that you all go check out their pages.  I'm heading over to Sandra's right now, to check out the blogs she originally passed the Sisterhood award to.  Have a great day!!  :)



 

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award...thats how I actually found your blog...and yes they are slightly like chain mail, but they are good for sharing new blogs and for your blog getting exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Now I know it helps/works. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kudos, Chris! I suspected the "chain mail" connection, but since it was my first, I thought it was fun to participate. Congrats on getting it again! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cathy - wonder how many of your other recipients followed through?? :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I certainly appreciated your recognition! When I "paid it forward" I created a "Big Brothers of the World Blogger Award" for my favorite blogger dudes! You can grab the badge at http://romeocucina.blogspot.com/2011/03/sisterhood.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise, I spend too much time on Facebook - I was looking for the "like" button by your comment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for lovely shout out! I appreciated and I am honored! Have a wonderful day, and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...