Hye Thyme Cafe: I Hit The Motherload of Blog Awards!!

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I Hit The Motherload of Blog Awards!!



I received a note today from Jessica at Cajunlicious that she was passing a blog award my way.  Imagine my surprise when I saw it and realized it was seven blog awards!  Actually, that first one says 7 Facts, so maybe it's six awards and a request.  

The Internet is a truly amazing thing.  I'm not that old, but I'm old enough to have been born before the Internet, cell phones, iPads, Twitter, Facebook, all these tools that in some ways serve to isolate people, but in others open them up to a world of knowledge and circles of friends/acquaintances that were unimaginable when I was a kid.  It never ceases to amaze me that there are people on the other side of the globe who are interested in what I'm doing in my kitchen here in central New York.  What a world we live in.  :)

Some of these blogging awards come with no strings/instructions.  Others come with the request that you share them with additional bloggers.  Still others specify that you must include 7 facts about yourself and share the award with 15 bloggers.  I have no idea if there is any significance to those particular numbers, but because these awards have all gotten mashed into one, I've decided to sever them and pass each to a different blogger.  

If you want to stick with the "tradition," go ahead and share seven facts about yourself and pass the award on to 15 others.  I ask only that you share something new with us and pass the award on to at least one other blogger to make their day and expose them to potential new followers (that's an odd term in itself - makes bloggers sound like cult leaders or something lol).

Thanks again to Jessica for thinking of me.  Please be sure to check out her goodies at Cajunlicious!!


Seven Facts About Me:

  1. I have an extra tooth.  The funny thing is that it took about three years for my dentist to notice that when I was a kid.  He started laughing one day while working on me and called his hygienist over to take a look.  I had no idea what was going on.  You're supposed to have four teeth between your eye/cuspid/canine teeth, but I have five on the bottom.  Ummm, so why did it take them so long to notice that??
  2. I am very rarely found without gum in my mouth.  I have no idea why, I have just always liked to chew gum.  I'm currently stuck on (not literally stuck) Orbit White Bubblemint.
  3. I had knee surgery when I was 16 and again at 17.  I'm knock kneed, so my tendons stretched out and don't hold my kneecaps in place correctly - they tend to pop out.  Ewww!  I was supposed to have the left knee done, but because my right knee was still giving me problems, I never bothered.  Popped the left one for the first time on an airplane of all things!  Went to spend Christmas (2009) with my Mom in New Orleans and blew it when I first got on my connecting flight.  Not a great week!
  4. I want a bunny!  Not just cuz it's Easter week.  
  5. I broke down and ordered a Total Gym the other day - someone pointed out a great deal on QVC.  Maybe if it's staring me in the face, it will get me motivated to get off my ample butt!
  6. I have a very twisted sense of humor ... inherited it from my Dad.  My sister got it too.  We're also exceptionally good at laughing at ourselves when the occasion arises (as it so often does).
  7. I do not eat mushrooms, seafood, or any kind of game - lamb is as "wild" as I get, and if I wasn't Armenian and brought up on it, I probably wouldn't eat that either.  As much as I love cooking and baking, I'm a big food wuss!!!  Living in New Orleans for 13 years with alligator, turtle, rabbit, etc. everywhere you went was like torture for me.  LOL


OK, so, along with the 7 Facts, I'm passing the six awards along as follows:
 





Kathleen at Gonna Want Seconds - who likes a good Martini ... and better yet, makes Pilaf!!  :)






Hamov Catering in LA - (Hamov means Delicious in Armenian.  That's how I inadvertently found this blog through Facebook - answering a question from someone else - gotta hook up my fellow Armenians!).  This is a new blog, but the catering business has been in the family for a few generations.





Muna at Munaty Cooking for putting me to shame by making her own Pita Bread.  I've never even thought to try.  I'll have to do something about that - soon!


One of my OG "Beeps," Dajana at Baker's Corner ... Somewhere in my Kitchen, who truly does have a lovely blog.  She could make Spam look beautiful!



Thanks to all of you wonderful ladies for the inspiration you provide.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award, that is very sweet of you and means a lot to me :)! Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week :)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...