I'm apparently late to the party. I know, you're saying to yourself "What party?" "Was I invited?" "What did I miss?" What I almost missed was the fact that March is National Nutrition Month. No worries. There's never a bad time to start eating healthier. Like they say, better late than never! So just what is it that National Nutrition Month, Yoplait, and MyBlogSpark have in common? Their desire to see us eating healthier, starting with our snacks!
I know you've all been reading about my adventures in making homemade yogurt lately, but I get that not everyone wants to wait around all day to "incubate" their own. Besides, even I don't want to head off to work in the morning with a half gallon of plain yogurt tucked under my arm! A single serving of Yoplait, however, works great! Pop one in your purse or briefcase, grab a piece of fruit and you're out the door ... don't forget your coffee! ;)
I'm always eating yogurt, mine and theirs. I eat it for breakfast, as a snack, use it in baking, in salad dressings, in place of sour cream where I can, you name it. Heck, I even use yogurt as a starter to make yogurt! Here's some info Yoplait shared with me through MyBlogSpark...
Explore the many nourishing options that Yoplait has to offer - with varieties like Yoplait Light, Yoplait Original, Yoplait Fiber One, Yoplait Kids and Yoplait Delight Parfaits. Each product offers different benefits, and loads of variety, to make eating well a no-brainer. Here are five great ways to `get your snack on´ with Yoplait this March!
*Leading yogurt has less than 25% Daily Value calcium per 6 oz.
- Start spring off right with Yoplait Light´s Two Week Tune Up Plan - Replace breakfast and lunch with a cup of your favorite flavor of Yoplait Light, a whole grain and a piece of fruit and you could lose 5 pounds in two weeks. Go to Yoplait.com for full diet details. Hey, they must have heard me. I'm not sticking toast in my purse though! ;)
- Get more calcium with Yoplait Original style yogurt - Now with two times the calcium of the leading yogurt (50 percent of the Recommended Daily Value) in one convenient 6-ounce cup*, Yoplait Original style yogurt is committed to women´s health, offering a product that has even more of the calcium women need for strong, healthy bodies. Grab a free cup while supplies last during the Million Cup Giveaway on Yoplait on Facebook! That's fabulous for us ladies who don't get enough calcium in other ways.
- Try the newest flavor from Yoplait Fiber One - Yoplait Fiber One´s new Blueberry flavor yogurt is packed with filling fiber, calcium, vitamins A and D, real fruit and the great taste of blueberries. With only 50 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 0 grams of fat, this deliciously creamy yogurt won´t break your calorie bank. Only 50 calories?!? I'm all for upping my fiber intake - just don't try and get me to take it in drink form (ewwww!). I'll stick with the yogurt thanks!!
- Stress less over snack time with Yoplait Kids yogurt - With a wholesome and fun snack like Yoplait Kids yogurt in the fridge, you can feel good about what your children are eating at snack time. Yoplait Kids provides an excellent source of calcium and vitamin D, and has 25% less sugar than the leading kids´ yogurt**. With yummy flavors, and favorite friends like Dora and Lightning McQueen on the packages, Yoplait Kids is a hit with moms and children alike. OK, so I don't have kids, but who doesn't love Dora?!? Or the Trix Rabbit?? ;) By the way, 25% less sugar is a pretty wide margin!
- End the day with a Delight Parfait from Yoplait - Even with two luscious layers providing a double shot of rich and creamy yogurt, these 100 calorie indulgences from Yoplait contain only 1.5 grams of fat per serving. Now available in two new flavors, Chocolate Éclair and Cherry Cheesecake, you can enjoy a dessert that´s 100 percent guilt-free. The mere thought of Creme Caramel makes me a little weak in the knees.
**Yoplait kids has 9 grams of sugar per 3oz. the leading kids' yogurt has 13 grams of sugar per 3oz.
***Coupon offers for Yoplait yogurt are not valid in all states.
Although I eat it all the time, I never really paid any attention to the details before. It's nice to learn a little something about what you're eating. If you're anything like me, you have a tendency to tune out commercials when you're watching TV, but every time the Yoplait commercial comes on and you hear things like Key Lime Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake, and Cherry Pomegranate, your ears suddenly perk up.
When I finish this post, I'm heading over to Facebook to share it with my buddies there. If you have a Facebook page, I suggest you do the same (and "Like" Yoplait on Facebook), so you can keep up with any coupons or other promotions that pop up. I just took a peek over there, and right now, if you sign up on their Greek page, you can enter for a chance to win a Yoplait Snack Pack and download a coupon while you're there. The Snack Pack looks like it has maybe a thermal sack, a water bottle, a recipe book, and a container to schlep your grains with you. OK, cereal works much better than cramming a slice of toast in my purse! Have I mentioned that I'm a night owl? Thus the hit and run breakfasts for me. I don't get up any earlier than absolutely necessary! To get there, follow this link...
"Like" Yoplait on Facebook
Although I was not paid to provide you with this information, and my opinions are certainly my own, by posting the information provided above, I do have an opportunity to win a deluxe prize pack provided by Yoplait through MyBlogSpark. So wish me luck, and if you sign up on Yoplait's Greek page on Facebook, right back at ya!!