Hye Thyme Cafe: Lemon Chicken with Garlic and Thyme

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Friday, March 4, 2011

Lemon Chicken with Garlic and Thyme

Lemon Chicken with Garlic and Thyme : Hye Thyme Cafe

This is my go-to chicken recipe. Everyone loves it, and it's super easy! Unlike most breaded chicken recipes, this one calls for fresh crumbs. Sometimes I use half and half. Just depends on what I have on hand. Because we don't eat Bread Pudding or even French Toast that often, I got into the habit of tossing any aging bread in the food processor and storing the crumbs in the freezer for this recipe and for Chicken Croquettes.

INGREDIENTS
6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 c fresh bread crumbs
1/2 c grated Parmesan
1/2 c fresh thyme leaves (or parsley)
zest from two lemons
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1/2 c melted butter

SAUCE:
1/2 c melted butter
Juice of two lemons (at least 1/4 c)
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 t lemon pepper
1 t salt


Mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan, thyme, zest, salt and pepper. Clean and trim your chicken, then dip in melted butter and coat with the crumb mixture.



















Bake at 375 for about 20". While the chicken is in the oven, go ahead and bring your sauce to a boil and let simmer for about 5". When the 20" are up, pour the sauce over the chicken and continue cooking for another 10-15" until done. If I have any left, I like to give it an extra squeeze of fresh lemon over the top at the end to brighten it up a bit. It is LEMON Chicken after all. ;)


 








Lemon Chicken with Garlic and Thyme : Hye Thyme Cafe



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...