Hye Thyme Cafe: Cilantro Lime Confetti Rice

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cilantro Lime Confetti Rice

Cilantro-Lime Confetti Rice : Hye Thyme Cafe

I remembered my sister having made something similar to this a few times, and since I'm still trying to finish off a bunch of cilantro, and because pineapple and teriyaki go hand in hand, I thought it would be a nice accompaniment to this Steak Teriyaki. Turned out to be a great choice!  :)


INGREDIENTS :
1.5 c rice
3 c water
4 T butter
rice wine vinegar
zest and juice from 1 lime
salt and pepper
fresh chopped cilantro
minced pineapple
1-2 scalions, sliced thin
1-2 jalapenos, fine dice
yellow, orange, and/or red bell pepper, fine dice


Bring your rice, water, and butter to a boil, stirring a few times until the water level goes just below the rice and bubbles start to form. Add a little salt and pepper, lower the heat, cover and let cook until tender.


When the rice is just about done, add a splash of rice vinegar, the lime juice, lime zest, jalapenos, pineapple, and scallions, letting them cook for a few minutes.



So you've still got a little crunch for a variety of textures, and so your cilantro doesn't wilt, stir in the remaining ingredients just before serving.   


Cilantro-Lime Confetti Rice : Hye Thyme Cafe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...