Hye Thyme Cafe: Eggnog Cordial Cups

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Eggnog Cordial Cups


I can't seem to resist "cute." That's why I never go into pet stores!! If I see things that are miniature versions of things (like keychain toys), or over-sized versions of things (ginormous clothespin on my desk), I often succumb to the impulse to buy it, so when I saw these cute little cordial cups one day while shopping for Christmas Stocking Suffers, they went directly into my cart. I had no idea what I would do with them, but that was beside the point - they were cute!  :)

I was originally planning to make some sort of cheesecake filling, but running short on time - and cream cheese, at the last minute, I whipped up a box of Fat Free/Sugar Free White Chocolate Instant Jello Pudding using Eggnog instead of milk. I wasn't trying to cancel out the Eggnog with the fat/sugar free, that just happened to be what I found in the pantry. I let it set for a while, then scooped it into a plastic bag I had snipped a corner out of and fitted with a piping tip, then piped the pudding into the cordial cups.  

I put them back in the fridge until I was ready to serve them and topped them with various items. A few had cocoa beans, others had a slice of banana, mint leaves, nutmeg, etc.  They were very well received for a quick and easy treat.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...