Hye Thyme Cafe: IRON FOODIE 2010 - Update

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Thursday, November 18, 2010

IRON FOODIE 2010 - Update

OK, I'm not gonna spill be beans (no, that's not a hint) on what they are, but I'm excited to report that I received my eight (no longer a) mystery ingredients from Marx Foods today, so I'll need to put my thinking cap on over the weekend to come up with my dish! I'm VERY pleased to report that proteins were not involved, so there was nothing looking out at me when I opened the box! ;)






On a completely unrelated note, I just got home from a Straight No Chaser concert.  If you aren't familiar with them, be sure to check them out on You Tube.  They are a fabulous a cappella group, and very funny too.  They do a great mix of genres and even did a tribute to Lady Gaga.




2 comments:

  1. Got my goodie box too and have started making my signature dish!! Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you too! I've got an idea in mind. We'll have to see if it pans out or I change my mind. LOL My sister thinks it will be good, so maybe I should go with my gut and stick with that idea. Can't wait to see what everyone does - which ingredients they use, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...