Hye Thyme Cafe: Peanut Butter and Banana, White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Sunday, October 17, 2010

Peanut Butter and Banana, White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

PB & Banana White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins : Hye Thyme Cafe

When I was grocery shopping last week, I noticed a display of LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin. When I needed it last holiday season, there was none to be found, so I decided to stock up. That being said, I noticed a few over-ripe bananas in the fruit bowl and decided to combine them into something. Since I was introduced to the combination of pumpkin and peanut butter last year, and peanut butter and bananas are an awesome combination, I decided to go for broke and combine them all. The chips were an afterthought. I just happened to notice them while retrieving the pumpkin from the pantry. 


PB & Banana White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins : Hye Thyme Cafe
INGREDIENTS :
3 1/2 c flour
2 c sugar
1 c light brown sugar
2 t baking soda
1 T cinnamon
1 t vanilla
1 can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 c Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
4 eggs
6 oz. white chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin cups - I generally use the Pam for Baking that has a little flour in it. I love that stuff. Not just for baking, but even the smell of it. If you ever have a craving for cake, just sniff a shot of that stuff!! It kinda smells like cake batter.

Using a fork so you can break up any little lumps of brown sugar, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl; set aside.

PB & Banana White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins : Hye Thyme Cafe

In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, peanut butter, banana, eggs, and vanilla, mixing well.

PB & Banana White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins : Hye Thyme Cafe
PB & Banana White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins : Hye Thyme Cafe









In three stages, blend the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture.

PB & Banana White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins : Hye Thyme Cafe


Stir in the white chocolate chips, then spoon into your prepared muffin cups so they are 1/2 to 2/3 full.

PB & Banana White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins : Hye Thyme Cafe


PB & Banana White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins : Hye Thyme Cafe
PB & Banana White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins : Hye Thyme Cafe









Bake for 25-30", or until toothpick comes out clean. Place on racks to cool. After about 10", run a knife around the edges to loosen, then allow to cool completely before removing from pan.


PB & Banana White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins : Hye Thyme CafePB & Banana White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins : Hye Thyme Cafe


I was pleasantly surprised that the flavor of these little gems didn't overtly lean in one direction or the other. The peanut butter, banana, and pumpkin all managed to complement one another very nicely. I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow ...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...