Hye Thyme Cafe: A Look Back at 2012 - Your Favorites and Mine - Do They Match Up??

Welcome to the Hy
e Thyme Cafe. Although not all of my recipes are Armenian, the name is a little nod to my Armenian grandmother who is no longer with us. The Hye refers to all things related to her homeland, and she represents all things food-related to me, so the two just seemed to go together. I can't even claim that my Armenian recipes are truly Armenian, since Greece, Turkey, Armenia, Lebanon, Syria, and even Egypt share so many foods that they've all sort of morphed into one over thousands of years.

Whether you like to cook, bake, have never done either, or just like to play with your food...come on in and join me! :)


Monday, December 31, 2012

A Look Back at 2012 - Your Favorites and Mine - Do They Match Up??

Is it just me, or are the rest of you going to be dating everything 2012 for at least the next month??  I can't believe we're at 2013 already.  It seems like just yesterday was 1993 and I was moving to New Orleans from Cape Cod, so moving to New York after Hurricane Katrina feels like just last night, and starting this blog was surely only this morning.  Where does the time go?!?

In taking a look at my Top 10 recipes from 2012 that were most viewed, commented on, pinned, etc., I had to smile at a few, laugh at one or two and even raise my eyebrows in wonder at another (the gross looking yet very tasty Tomato-Basil Cornbread Pudding).  In looking at my own favorites from this year, I found that we did have some in common, but I was sad to see there were others that may not have made the cut for you ... or maybe you were off the grid those days or are more recent followers and just didn't see them??  

Let's see where we diverged.  Far and away your favorite recipe posted in 2012 is also one of mine ...



Spinach Bouregs (Spanakopita)

Followed VERY closely by ...


Sesame Orange Chicken

Then on to ...


Herb Bread
Olive Tapenade Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes











Acorn Squash Stuffed with Curried Quinoa...
Tomato-Basil Cornbread Pudding











SW Inspired Chicken Salad w/Avocado Dressing
Chrissy Casserole











Kahlua Beef Short Ribs
Dijon Crusted Fairy Dusted Pork Chops












The favorites for me that did NOT make your Top 10 List are ... in alphabetical order because I love all my "children" equally ...  


Baked Macaroni & Cheese
Beef Short Ribs with Barley and Kale











Dijon Crusted Roast Beef
Lentil Soup with Ham










Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Raspberry Pie with Coconut Macaroon Crust













And last but certainly not least ...


Swedish Oatmeal Cookies

Sooooo, having any second thoughts now that you've seen my faves??


Wishing you all a wonderful, warm, happy, and above all SAFE New Year!!!


2 comments: